Access Statement for Portland Apartments
Portland Apartments are situated approximately half a mile from the town centre of Cheltenham Spa. We offer six luxurious, serviced apartments within our Grade II listed building. The accommodation is spread over three floors with one ground, one upper and one lower ground level all with luxury self catering facilities.
We aim to provide the highest standards to all our guests, through our impeccable standards and attention to detail. We look forward to welcoming you to our apartments and making your stay the most
memorable you have had.
We offer the following services and facilities:
- For assistance prior to arrival please contact Alison Edwards on 07889-328836.
- The town centre is less than half a mile from the apartments, a two minute walk.
- Our building is located approximately four miles from junction eleven of the M5, and approximately two miles from the A40 from London.
- The train station is just over a mile from the apartments, bus service D is available and takes approximately fifteen minutes.
- Our website, www.pacheltenham.com provides pictures and availability information regarding each apartment.
- All of our access information is available in large text.
- There are also plenty of taxi's that can be hailed from the train station and the journey is approximately ten minutes.
- You can contact us by telephone, email or fax. Please see the 'contact information' section of this document for full details.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Please telephone us when you are approximately half an hour from the apartments so that we can be sure we are there to welcome you.
- If driving, the parking is located at the rear of the building on Trinity Lane (GL52 2NT). The parking area is tarmac with parking for six vehicles (vehicles are left at owner’s risk). The car park is illuminated during the hours of darkness.
- To get to the front of the building guests need to walk through the churchyard which is paved with large flat gravestones. Then follow out onto the pavement at the front of the building. From our front gate there is a paved pathway to the front steps that leads up to the entrance.
- There are six steps (avg. ht. 13cm) up to the front entrance. The steps are 1.8 m wide (avg. depth 50cm) with a handrail on each side (ht 1.1m).
- We are able to assist guests with luggage if this is required.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
- The front door is always locked, we will be there to welcome you and you can gain access with your key at all other times until your stay has finished when the keys will automatically cease to function.
- The hallway has automatic lighting that will illuminate during the hours of darkness.
- The door is 1.3m wide.
- The reception hall is carpeted and leads to a corridor (approx. 5mx1.2m)
- There are two flights of stairs that lead to the other levels in the property.
- We will show our guests to their suite and explain their facilities and ask them to complete our registration form.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- The reception hall is 2mx2.6m leading to a corridor 1mx3.5m
- From the reception hall there are twenty-one steps to the upper level. Width 85cm, avg. ht. 18cm and the depth is 29cm.
- There is a handrail on the left hand side which is approximately 90cm high.
- There are sixteen steps that descend to the lower ground level, with the same measurements as other stairs. There is also a handrail that is 90cm high on the right hand side of the stairs that descend.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- Each suite has it's own private lounge area.
- There are no public lounges or sitting areas available.
- Ground floor - living area one 4.3mx3.8m living area two is 4.5mx4.2m
- First floor - living area three is 3.3mx3.3m living area four (studio) 3.6mx3.6m
- Lower ground floor - living area five is 4.2mx3.7m living area six is 3.5mx3.9m
- Each living area is equipped with a television with free-view and remote control.
- Each suite has an en-suite. There is no public WC available.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
- Each apartment is equipped with it's own eating area, table and chairs.
- There is no public dining area available.
- Each apartment is equipped with its own washer/dryer. Full
operating instructions are available in each apartment.
- The nearest shopping facilities are located in the town centre approximately 2 minute walk away. Full details are located in the information folder in each apartment.
- A five minute walk away is Pittville park, one of the largest green areas in Cheltenham. There is also a children’s play area and a small cafe (during high season).
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
- We have no meeting rooms available. But can arrange this facility upon request.
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- There are five bedrooms, with one studio apartment.
- Each bedroom/sleeping area is equipped with a king size bed, four pillows (two down and two synthetic fill) and all-season duvets.
- Each apartment is thermostatically controlled by the guest.
- There is a hair-dryer, clock radio and television with free-view with remote control.
- Each bedroom has storage facilities, wardrobes with wooden hangers, chest of drawers and bedside cabinets.
- Average bed height is 1m, average witdth of doorways is 90cm.
- Ground floor - bedroom 1 is 3.5mx3m bedroom 2 is 2.5mx1.8m.
- First floor - bedroom 3 is 2.7mx3.6m bedroom 4 (studio sleeping area) 2.1mx2.4m
- Lower ground floor - bedroom 5 is 3.5mx3.0m bedroom 6 is 3.0mx3.6m
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- Each apartment has its bathroom WC height is 40cm, wash basins 83cm.
- Each bathroom is a wet-room with power shower.
- Towels are provided as are shower gel and shampoo.
- Each apartment has a fully equipped kitchen.
- Each kitchen is supplied with continental breakfast. Tea, coffee, hot
chocolate, bread, milk, cereals and jams.
- There is a microwave, dishwasher, washer/dryer, fridge and freezer in each apartment.
- All kitchens have cutlery, sharp knives, dinner service, mugs, glasses, cups and saucers, saucepans, cooking utensils and casserole dishes.
- Ground floor - kitchen 1 is 3.1mx2.2m kitchen 2 is 2.5mx1.8m
- First floor - kitchen 3 is 2.7mx2.7m kitchen 4 (studio) is 2.5mx 1.4m
- Lower ground floor - kitchen 5 is 3.7mx2.7m kitchen 6 is 2.4mx2.4m
Grounds and Gardens
- Apartment five and six have an outside patio area, this leads to the rear parking area and fire escape.
- If you require any assistance during your stay with us or requie any advice regarding recommendations on places to eat or visit please contact Alison Edwards on 01242 525547.
- We have placed an information folder in each apartment with local information and information relating to each apartment.
- Included are local emergency contacts.
- There is excellent network coverage for mobile phones in all areas of the hotel, and a mobile is provided in each apartment for emergency use.
- We have a set emergency evacuation procedure which is set out in the emergency evacuation procedures in the information folder, please familiarise yourself with these.
43 Portland Street
Telephone: 01242 525547 or 07889 328836
Fax: 01242 863227
X - 395187
Y - 222792
Latitude - 51.903651
- We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve. If you have any comments please contact us using any of the above addresses.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you
have any comments please phone 01242 525547 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Created: May 2010